IN THIS SECTION
We employ more than 500 staff across our six schools and the central team.
We offer our staff:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (for teachers) or the Local Government Pension Scheme (for support staff), which the trust also contributes to on your behalf
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Ireland’s leading wellbeing provider
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
We continue to follow the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document for teaching staff and the Green Book/local Newcastle City Council terms and conditions for support staff.
We work in partnership with trade unions and recognise the following unions: ASCL, NAHT, NASUWT and NEU for teaching staff and GMB, Unison and Unite for support staff.
Living Wage Employer
NEAT Academy Trust is proud to be a Living Wage Employer. The Living Wage is an hourly rate calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK. The Living Wage commitment will see everyone working at NEAT Academy Trust receive a minimum hourly wage of £10.90 which is a significantly higher rate than the government minimum for over 23’s, which currently stands at £10.42 per hour as of April 2023.
NEAT Academy Trust Workload & Wellbeing Charter
Here at NEAT Academy Trust we have developed our very own wellbeing charter, based on the DfE model through the dedicated work from our Engagement Leads.
We are committed to meeting the pledges listed in our Charter which we developed around key themes collected from our staff voice. Our Engagement Leads continue to liaise with colleagues around how well we meet these pledges and what else we could do to improve.
This makes clear our commitment to working with colleagues and making our Trust a great place to work.