IN THIS SECTION
We employ more than 500 staff across our six schools and the central team.
We offer our staff:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (for teachers) or the Local Government Pension Scheme (for support staff), which the trust also contributes to on your behalf
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Ireland’s leading wellbeing provider
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
We continue to follow the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document for teaching staff and the Green Book/local Newcastle City Council terms and conditions for support staff.
We work in partnership with trade unions and recognise the following unions: ASCL, NAHT, NASUWT and NEU for teaching staff and GMB, Unison and Unite for support staff.
Living Wage Employer
NEAT Academy Trust is proud to be a Living Wage Employer. The Living Wage is an hourly rate calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK. The Living Wage commitment will see everyone working at NEAT Academy Trust receive a minimum hourly wage of £10.90 which is a significantly higher rate than the government minimum for over 23’s, which currently stands at £10.42 per hour as of April 2023.